Outdoor power supply is a kind of built-in lithium-ion battery, can store electric energy multi-function power supply, also known as portable energy storage power supply. The outdoor power supply is equivalent to a small portable charging station, which has the characteristics of light weight, large capacity, high power, long life and strong stability. It can also output DC, AC and other common power interfaces, which can supply power for laptops, drones, photography lights, projectors, rice cookers, electric fans, kettles, cars and other equipment. It is suitable for outdoor camping, outdoor live broadcasting, outdoor construction, location shooting, household emergency power consumption and other scenes with large power consumption. The outdoor power supply consists of a control panel, a battery pack, an inverter, and a BMS system, which can convert direct current (DC) into alternating current (AC) that can be used by other electrical appliances through an inverter, and also supports multiple interface DC outputs to charge various electrical equipment.
What is the difference between outdoor power and generator?
There are many differences between generators and outdoor power sources in terms of fuel, electricity, noise, etc. It looks like the same device, all for power, but it's actually completely different devices. Let's take a closer look at the differences between them
1. The power of the outdoor power supply is the electrical energy stored in the battery, and the generator usually uses gasoline as fuel to generate electricity. The outdoor power supply can charge the built-in lithium battery through solar energy, while the generator does not have a charging function.
2. The power of the generator is relatively large. In general, the power of the generator is often larger than that of the outdoor power source. However, as specifications vary by product, high-performance outdoor power supplies can also provide power as powerful as generators.
3. The outdoor power supply has low noise. Due to the structure of the outdoor power supply, there is no great noise when charging and supplying power, and the noise of the generator is quite large
4. The use of outdoor power supply, you can rest assured that the operation, do not have to worry about the surrounding environment, because in the operation process does not emit exhaust gas, so whether indoors or outdoors can be safely used. The generator to gasoline as fuel, power generation will be emissions, not suitable for indoor use
5. Outdoor power supplies are easier to maintain. For energy storage power, it is recommended to charge once every six months, keep the power at 60% to 80%, and put it in a well-ventilated place away from high temperature and humidity. If the generator is not used for more than 30 days, all the gasoline needs to be removed. If the gasoline is left in it, it may be blocked due to fuel deterioration
Outdoor power supply life
The typical life of an outdoor power supply is about 500 to 2500 cycles.
The number of cycles is used to indicate the unit of outdoor power supply life, and the charge + discharge is counted as one cycle. That is to say, if the life of an outdoor power supply is 800 times, then the life from 0% charge to 100% charge to 0% run out is about 800 times.
The life of the energy storage power supply is shown in the number of cycles, because the standard life of the same model varies according to the use conditions and environment.
Taking the Hisolar portable power station as an example, the number of cycles that can be used as a life index is "800 times or more".
If you use the Hisolar portable power station once a week at camp, the estimated service life is about 15 years. (800 times ÷ 52 times a year = about 15 years).
If five days a week is devoted to work, the estimated life expectancy is about 1.4 years. (800 uses/year ÷ 260 = about 1.4 years)
Estimated lifetime is approximate only and will vary depending on the environment of use